Member Spotlight
DJ
DJ
Spaghettifornia
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Popular Topics (Views)
38,292 Motivation
18,637 Rainbow War
Top Posters (30 Days)
von 4
Belma 4
shayla 4
donnyb 3
John 3
Forum Statistics
Forums6
Topics530
Posts2,543
Members202
Most Online366
Nov 11th, 2023
Thread Like Summary
Maiki, matthews
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#157 02/16/2021 12:52 PM
by matthews
matthews
Your friend tells you that they committed a crime. They explain that they are having trouble sleeping at night and feel you are the only one they can trust with their confession. A few days later, you read in the paper that someone has been arrested for your friend’s crime. Do you:
Liked Replies
#192 Feb 23rd a 04:26 PM
by Damienn
Damienn
I'd try to encourage my friend to give themselves up, and if they don't, I am not willing to allow an innocent bystander to be convicted in their place, so I would turn them in myself. It's even in criminal law as Blackstone's ratio: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"
If the law is doing their job properly, they'd catch my friend in the first place, most of my friends are dumb. However, if the case turns to having an innocent taking the place of my friend, I would turn my friend in, despite the fact that they trusted me, before that said innocent's trial.
1 member likes this
#434 May 9th a 11:30 PM
by elisabeth
elisabeth
damienn - well I know not to tell you anything lol. To add to what you said about Blackstone's ratio: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer". I see where you're coming from but I totally do not agree. If you actually think about it and go more into depth on that statement, it's like if you were a policeman in a crowd. 10 being criminals, the rest being innocent bystanders. Would you rather those criminals be caught and innocent individual be accidentally shot, or would you want to be so careful not to shoot the individual, that the criminals escape? To be, or not to be, that is the question.
1 member likes this
#642 Sep 20th a 05:39 PM
by montae
montae
its not my info to tell my homie trust me and its staying that way but ill fight him
1 member likes this
#168 Feb 18th a 12:48 PM
by Mack
Mack
You shouldn't tell secrets like it's if they want to turn themselves in on their own free will. Yes, it's wrong that someone else is doing their time, but your friend dodged a bullet with getting caught. The person who was arrested probably beat it from insufficient evidence, but nonetheless your friend's trust in you to keep it in is more important than telling.
1 member likes this
#171 Feb 18th a 06:03 PM
by Myles
Myles
I wouldn't snitch on my friend like that, because they trust me. Them already feeling extremely bad because of it is enough. Also maybe they'll tell the police themselves if it's too much for them.
1 member likes this
#277 Mar 19th a 03:54 PM
by matthews
matthews
Originally Posted by Rawlings
Well if I had to choice I would have chosen " it all depends on the crime or the reason why." It hard to choose a choice with out more information but for now I chosen to courge him to confess. Because even though he "did" the crime he feels guilt that other person is getting arrested because of his mistake. Over the years of history many people were framed or locked away because people can't take responesible for what they done.

Well said, Rawlings! There's a big difference between "stole a loaf of bread" and "took another's life". I think more information is definitely needed!
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Isaiah blackwell, Daniela, Emi Yamamoto, von, w rizz 22
202 Registered Users
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18